Re: Looking for U.S. military information on Warren J. FRIEDMAN during World War II - #usa

Fred Kolbrener

Having dealt with searches for records in possession of the VA, aside from any forms filled out for the VA, the only records likely to be in VA archives will be health records.  The standard military service records were not transferred to the VA.   If the service member filed a medical claim, his/her health records would have been transferred to the VA.  Once the person no longer came to the VA for treatment (i. e. they died), the health record would then be transferred to the nearest National Archives repository for that VA office.   [A military record a family was seeking for a deceased veteran were burned in the NARA fire, but his medical file was located in the Philadelphia archives for a case I handled.  His injury claims had been handled by the Baltimore VA office. ]
Fred Kolbrener
Woodbridge, VA

Researching: KOLBRENER (Lezajsk); SCHWARTZ (Glogow Malapolski); ZINDEBAND (Minsk); LIFSHITZ (St Petersburg/Minsk); JABELOW (Minsk); BOHRER (Lezajsk); POLLACK (Minsk); BLUMSTEIN/BLUMSZTEJN (Goworowo); FRETER/FRATER (Czyzewo)

Join { to automatically receive all group messages.