In Munkacs, my grandparents had a Jewish marriage ceremony about 1909. My father was born 1910 and listed in the birth record with his mother's surname. In 1915, they had a civil ceremony.
1. I assume that my father used and was recognized by his father's name in shul. Correct?
2. Would my father and other children in similar circumstance,
have used the father's surname for school or for Yeshiva?
3. What surname would the community have used for him, such as for government records?
4. In order to use his father's surname, did my father have to legally change his surname?-- In Hungary? In USA?
5. When my grandparents had their civil ceremony, did the government finally recognize all of the children as my grandfather's?
Thanks for your time and help with this.
KATZ >from Sapinta RO, Tyachev, Mukachevo, & Rosvegova UKR
AXELRATH,EKSTEIN,WEISZ >from Mukachevo & Rosvegove Ukraine
EISENBERG >from Szobatin & Zsukovo Ukraine
SCHWARCZ >from Patskanove & Zsukovo Ukraine
DRUCKER & BECKER >from Vladymir(Ludmir)Volhynia Ukraine
EPSTEIN & ROTHMAN >from Nevolozh Slutsk Belarus