The June Issue of the Galitzianer #austria-czech
Gesher Galicia SIG
Gesher Galicia is delighted to announce the release of the June 2019
issue of our quarterly research journal, the "Galitzianer." This issue
draws readers in, bringing the world of former Jewish Galicia to life
in vibrant and poignant ways.
In this issue, we learn about the Jewish woman who became the first
female physician in Czortkow. We meet the American-born countess
suspected of poisoning her formerly Jewish husband >from Kolomyja. We
relive the experience of Hasidim gathered around the table of their
beloved rebbe in Tarnow. We stroll the main street of Horodenka, with
its Jewish-owned shops, in an interview with a woman raised there
during the interwar period. And, we witness the deteriorating
conditions and harrowing existence suffered by a Jewish physician in
the Lwow Ghetto.
The June issue consists of the following articles:
- "Research Corner: University Records Revisited" by Andrew Zalewski
- "Map Corner: Lwow University on the Move" by Jay Osborn
- "A Secret in the Family: The Story behind the Headlines" by Christina Craig
- "Jewish Life in Tarnow before the Shoah" by Felicia Lederberger-Graber
- "Interview with Tosia Szechter Schneider: Witness to a World That Is No More"
- "Surviving in Lwow: A Jewish Physician's Experience" by Arthur J. Wolak
The "Galitzianer" is a membership benefit of Gesher Galicia, though
anyone is invited to submit articles on Galicia-related topics. For
more details on our submissions policy, please visit
https://www.geshergalicia.org/the-galitzianer/#submissions or contact
me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jodi G. Benjamin
Editor, The Galitzianer
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
Send all inquiries about Gesher Galicia to email@example.com and
all inquiries about the journal to firstname.lastname@example.org.