Budapest Cemeteries #hungary
I'm replying to both messages re:
"Visiting cemeteries in Budapest"
"Budapest Cemetery Visit"
from yesterday's digest.1. If you need someone to take picture of a grave (at least) at Kozma
utca cemetery, I'd recommend to follow this:
- create a memorial on Find-a-Grave:
- don't forget to enter exact Plot number
- you can find Plot # at Oroklet website:
- create a Photo Request for newly created memorial
There is a findagrave member "nemis" who acts quite fast and you
should have the picture uploaded within 1 or 2 weeks. He already
helped me a lot in the past.
2. As for overgrown cemetery sections, they are mostly of higher
numbers, >from 30 to 40, i.e. near rear cemetery wall. Usually the
lower section number, the better area condition.
But I also had cases, when I found a stone within deep jungle there.
I don't have any experience with other Budapest cemeteries (like