Date   

Re: Searching in Argentina #general

DREIMAN <m4fab4@...>
 

Hector Mondrik wrote:

CEMLA has only partialy records. A lot of records were destroyed. I suggest
you should intent in the Hamburgo port.
Regards
Hector Mondrik
-----Original Message-----
De: DREIMAN <m4fab4@...>
Para: Latin America SIG <latamsig@...>
Fecha: Jueves 27 de Agosto de 1998 22:00 PM
Asunto: Searching in Argentina

Hi Everyone! I have had some luck searching for documents in Argentina,
basically in the the civil registrars office. I have most of my family
still living in Argentina but am trying to uncover the "mysteries" of
the families arrival at the turn of the century. My families come from
the Ukraine and Odessa. In the Ukraine, I have the name of a town called
"TATARK/O" and >from Odessa, it was most likely >from NOVY BUK.

When they arrived, they settled in Entre Rios and La Pampa (Bernasconi
and surrounding areas) The people in the registro civil in La Pampa are
extraordinary! They sent me a ton of documentation!

I am searching for these families:
TRUPP/TRAJTERMAN/LIPOVESKY-ROSENBERG/MARCHALIK-DREIMAN-ROSENBLIT.

I have my great-grandfather's death certificate which states everything
but the elusive name of his father. I have contacted CEMLA and they do
not have an entry for my ggf YOSEL TRUPP. Any suggestions on how I
could locate his resident or citezenship papers or any other document
that would state his parents names? I am guessing he arrived to Arg.
around 1900-1906.

B'shalom,
Mirta Trupp Dreiman
California
Hi. THanks for writing. If I may ask another question, can you tell me where I can found out more about Hamburgo port, where and how can I get
in touch with their records?

Thank you,
Mirta Dreiman


Latin America #LatinAmerica Re: Searching in Argentina #latinamerica

DREIMAN <m4fab4@...>
 

Hector Mondrik wrote:

CEMLA has only partialy records. A lot of records were destroyed. I suggest
you should intent in the Hamburgo port.
Regards
Hector Mondrik
-----Original Message-----
De: DREIMAN <m4fab4@...>
Para: Latin America SIG <latamsig@...>
Fecha: Jueves 27 de Agosto de 1998 22:00 PM
Asunto: Searching in Argentina

Hi Everyone! I have had some luck searching for documents in Argentina,
basically in the the civil registrars office. I have most of my family
still living in Argentina but am trying to uncover the "mysteries" of
the families arrival at the turn of the century. My families come from
the Ukraine and Odessa. In the Ukraine, I have the name of a town called
"TATARK/O" and >from Odessa, it was most likely >from NOVY BUK.

When they arrived, they settled in Entre Rios and La Pampa (Bernasconi
and surrounding areas) The people in the registro civil in La Pampa are
extraordinary! They sent me a ton of documentation!

I am searching for these families:
TRUPP/TRAJTERMAN/LIPOVESKY-ROSENBERG/MARCHALIK-DREIMAN-ROSENBLIT.

I have my great-grandfather's death certificate which states everything
but the elusive name of his father. I have contacted CEMLA and they do
not have an entry for my ggf YOSEL TRUPP. Any suggestions on how I
could locate his resident or citezenship papers or any other document
that would state his parents names? I am guessing he arrived to Arg.
around 1900-1906.

B'shalom,
Mirta Trupp Dreiman
California
Hi. THanks for writing. If I may ask another question, can you tell me where I can found out more about Hamburgo port, where and how can I get
in touch with their records?

Thank you,
Mirta Dreiman


Re: Minsk Gub. Research Project - Interested? #belarus

sangreenb@...
 

Dear David: I am interested in getting the Minsk Gub. Research Project going
and will donate some funds to it, if you think there is interest there. I am
particularly interested in the shtetl of Pukovitzi just south of Minsk and in
the Minsk Gubernia.

Please let me know if this project is a go.
Good luck.
Sandra A. Greenberg
Pres. JGS of Colorado
sangreenb@...


Belarus SIG #Belarus Re: Minsk Gub. Research Project - Interested? #belarus

sangreenb@...
 

Dear David: I am interested in getting the Minsk Gub. Research Project going
and will donate some funds to it, if you think there is interest there. I am
particularly interested in the shtetl of Pukovitzi just south of Minsk and in
the Minsk Gubernia.

Please let me know if this project is a go.
Good luck.
Sandra A. Greenberg
Pres. JGS of Colorado
sangreenb@...


Belarus SIG Members with AOL Service -Problem #belarus

ljl5@...
 

I was unable to retreive the digest for August 27,1998. Could you please
resend it to me?

Thank you,

Steve Sherman

Moderator's Note: There was an apparent problem at AOL on the night of
August 27. Steve was one of about 25 Belaurs SIG subscribers who have AOL
whose digest message was bounced by AOL. An example of the message
received back >from AOL can be found below. AOL subscribers should contact
the AOL Postmaster and inquire as to the problem in receiving mail.

Please direct further questions regarding this message to your e-mail
administrator.

--AOL Postmaster



----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<ECL1@...>

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to air-zc02.mail.aol.com.:
DATA
<<< 554 TRANSACTION FAILED
554 <ECL1@...>... Service unavailable

----- Message header follows -----

Return-Path: <bounce-belarus-11312@...>
Received: >from lyris.jewishgen.org (lyris.jewishgen.org [206.138.182.38])
by rly-zc02.mx.aol.com (8.8.8/8.8.5/AOL-4.0.0)
with SMTP id XAA10733 for <ECL1@...>;
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 23:04:36 -0400 (EDT)
Message-ID: <LYR11312-9913--ECL1@...>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 00:26:54 +0300
From: Jim Bennett <bennett@...>
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: "Belarus SIG" <belarus@...>
Subject: Re: BORISHANSKI, BARISHANSKI, BORUSHANSKI, BORISHINSKI family
References: <LYR6657-9634--bennett@...>
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="------------C66302039E6AB3168F5DB0E9"
List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:$subst('Email.Unsub')>
Reply-To: "Belarus SIG" <belarus@...>
Precedence: bulk


Belarus SIG #Belarus Belarus SIG Members with AOL Service -Problem #belarus

ljl5@...
 

I was unable to retreive the digest for August 27,1998. Could you please
resend it to me?

Thank you,

Steve Sherman

Moderator's Note: There was an apparent problem at AOL on the night of
August 27. Steve was one of about 25 Belaurs SIG subscribers who have AOL
whose digest message was bounced by AOL. An example of the message
received back >from AOL can be found below. AOL subscribers should contact
the AOL Postmaster and inquire as to the problem in receiving mail.

Please direct further questions regarding this message to your e-mail
administrator.

--AOL Postmaster



----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<ECL1@...>

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to air-zc02.mail.aol.com.:
DATA
<<< 554 TRANSACTION FAILED
554 <ECL1@...>... Service unavailable

----- Message header follows -----

Return-Path: <bounce-belarus-11312@...>
Received: >from lyris.jewishgen.org (lyris.jewishgen.org [206.138.182.38])
by rly-zc02.mx.aol.com (8.8.8/8.8.5/AOL-4.0.0)
with SMTP id XAA10733 for <ECL1@...>;
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 23:04:36 -0400 (EDT)
Message-ID: <LYR11312-9913--ECL1@...>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 00:26:54 +0300
From: Jim Bennett <bennett@...>
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: "Belarus SIG" <belarus@...>
Subject: Re: BORISHANSKI, BARISHANSKI, BORUSHANSKI, BORISHINSKI family
References: <LYR6657-9634--bennett@...>
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="------------C66302039E6AB3168F5DB0E9"
List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:$subst('Email.Unsub')>
Reply-To: "Belarus SIG" <belarus@...>
Precedence: bulk


Re: Belarus Sessions at NY Seminar #belarus

Gayle Schlissel Riley <key2pst@...>
 

Let us see if we could get Oleg to speak or Sergi who works at the Minsk
archives.

Gayle

David M. Fox wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestions for topics of interest to researchers
with family ties to Belaurs? Please share these with the group and we
can pass them on to Hadassah.
Moderator's Note: When a speaker >from overseas is asked to present at a
Seminar, their expenses are paid for my either the JGS hosting the seminar
or by a SIG, or a shared arrangement. At the Seminar in LA, I believe
there was a cost share between the host JGS and the SIG (ROM and Litvak).
The SIGS allowed for private consultations with the invited guest and
charged a fee that I believe went to the SIG to recoup the expense of
bringing the speaker to the Seminar.


Belarus SIG #Belarus Re: Belarus Sessions at NY Seminar #belarus

Gayle Schlissel Riley <key2pst@...>
 

Let us see if we could get Oleg to speak or Sergi who works at the Minsk
archives.

Gayle

David M. Fox wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestions for topics of interest to researchers
with family ties to Belaurs? Please share these with the group and we
can pass them on to Hadassah.
Moderator's Note: When a speaker >from overseas is asked to present at a
Seminar, their expenses are paid for my either the JGS hosting the seminar
or by a SIG, or a shared arrangement. At the Seminar in LA, I believe
there was a cost share between the host JGS and the SIG (ROM and Litvak).
The SIGS allowed for private consultations with the invited guest and
charged a fee that I believe went to the SIG to recoup the expense of
bringing the speaker to the Seminar.


Colonia Dora -- JCA #latinamerica

Sandy Bursten <sandybee@...>
 

Does anyone know whether there are records of the immigrants who settled
in Colonia Dora, one of the colonies of the JCA established by Baron
Hirsch in Argentina? If so, where might they be located? Is there a
central archive for the Baron Hirsch colonies?
Any information would be appreciated.

Sandy Bursten
sandybee@...


Latin America #LatinAmerica Colonia Dora -- JCA #latinamerica

Sandy Bursten <sandybee@...>
 

Does anyone know whether there are records of the immigrants who settled
in Colonia Dora, one of the colonies of the JCA established by Baron
Hirsch in Argentina? If so, where might they be located? Is there a
central archive for the Baron Hirsch colonies?
Any information would be appreciated.

Sandy Bursten
sandybee@...


Searching Scorbin and Litz #latinamerica

SitaL@...
 

I'm looking for descendants of four Scorbin/Skorbin brothers who were in
Argentina by the 1930's. Originally >from Belarus probably. Their mother's
maiden name was either Liskowski or Stein.
The four brothers also had a sister, Jennie Scorbin, who emigrated directly
from Russia to Bridgeport, CT and spent some years with the family in
Argentina.

Sita Likuski
Castro Valley, CA
SitaL@...


Latin America #LatinAmerica Searching Scorbin and Litz #latinamerica

SitaL@...
 

I'm looking for descendants of four Scorbin/Skorbin brothers who were in
Argentina by the 1930's. Originally >from Belarus probably. Their mother's
maiden name was either Liskowski or Stein.
The four brothers also had a sister, Jennie Scorbin, who emigrated directly
from Russia to Bridgeport, CT and spent some years with the family in
Argentina.

Sita Likuski
Castro Valley, CA
SitaL@...


Mogilev Gubernia Research Project #belarus

Dana H. Shultz <dhshultz@...>
 

Following David Fox's lead regarding Minsk, I am prepared to contribute $50
to a Mogilev research project.


Dana H. Shultz
Piedmont, California USA

--> Searching for:
Rogachev, Belarus [Mogilev]: ZALMANOV, YASHINEFSKY
Ukraine [Volhynia]: GERSHTENMAN (Lokachi); SHULTZ,
GOICHERMAN, CAPP (Kiselin); FELDMAN (Lutsk)
Wolbrom, Poland: JAKUBOWICZ, INOWLOCKI, GOLDEK, PASERMAN
Dzialoszyce, Poland: ZAJDMAN, BANACH


Belarus SIG #Belarus Mogilev Gubernia Research Project #belarus

Dana H. Shultz <dhshultz@...>
 

Following David Fox's lead regarding Minsk, I am prepared to contribute $50
to a Mogilev research project.


Dana H. Shultz
Piedmont, California USA

--> Searching for:
Rogachev, Belarus [Mogilev]: ZALMANOV, YASHINEFSKY
Ukraine [Volhynia]: GERSHTENMAN (Lokachi); SHULTZ,
GOICHERMAN, CAPP (Kiselin); FELDMAN (Lutsk)
Wolbrom, Poland: JAKUBOWICZ, INOWLOCKI, GOLDEK, PASERMAN
Dzialoszyce, Poland: ZAJDMAN, BANACH


Re: Minsk Gub. Research Project - Interested? #belarus

David M. Fox <fox@...>
 

Beatrice and Others:

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer to your question. One of the
reasons we want to get this information >from the Minsk Genealogy Group
is to be able to say what shtetl is in what gubernia or under what
district town. I have also sent an e-mail to the Library of Congress
Map Room requesting detailed maps with gubernia boundaries. If I get
them, they will be put up on the Belarus SIG Web site.

David Fox
fox@...
Belarus SIG Co-coordinator

Beatrice SWART wrote:

In doing the Minsk area, does that include the town of Krevo or Kreva >which is between Minisk and Vilna.


Belarus SIG #Belarus Re: Minsk Gub. Research Project - Interested? #belarus

David M. Fox <fox@...>
 

Beatrice and Others:

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer to your question. One of the
reasons we want to get this information >from the Minsk Genealogy Group
is to be able to say what shtetl is in what gubernia or under what
district town. I have also sent an e-mail to the Library of Congress
Map Room requesting detailed maps with gubernia boundaries. If I get
them, they will be put up on the Belarus SIG Web site.

David Fox
fox@...
Belarus SIG Co-coordinator

Beatrice SWART wrote:

In doing the Minsk area, does that include the town of Krevo or Kreva >which is between Minisk and Vilna.


Ilya and Huta, Belarus - What Gubernia? #belarus

e. donath <edonath@...>
 

Will the Minsk project include the very small shtetlech of Ilya and
Huta (now Novaya Guta)? They were part of Vilna guberna, but are
now part of Belarus. My current geography is rather shaky.

E.L. Donath
Hamden, CT

Moderator's Note: I have requested a list of towns and shtetlech >from the
Director of the Minsk Historical Genealogy Group to find out just what is
encluded in the Minsk Gubernia project. I have also asked for a list for
Vitebsk and Mogilev gubernii incase there are enough people who are willing
to support that phase of the project.

Perhaps there is some on the discussion group that can tell us in what
gubernia Illya and Huta are located.


Belarus SIG #Belarus Ilya and Huta, Belarus - What Gubernia? #belarus

e. donath <edonath@...>
 

Will the Minsk project include the very small shtetlech of Ilya and
Huta (now Novaya Guta)? They were part of Vilna guberna, but are
now part of Belarus. My current geography is rather shaky.

E.L. Donath
Hamden, CT

Moderator's Note: I have requested a list of towns and shtetlech >from the
Director of the Minsk Historical Genealogy Group to find out just what is
encluded in the Minsk Gubernia project. I have also asked for a list for
Vitebsk and Mogilev gubernii incase there are enough people who are willing
to support that phase of the project.

Perhaps there is some on the discussion group that can tell us in what
gubernia Illya and Huta are located.


Re: Belarus Research group:How reliable? #belarus

Gayle Schlissel Riley <key2pst@...>
 

Belarus Group, I have used them for years and I am 100% pleased with there work,
you will be pleased too. They foot note every piece of info with the fond, page
and group #. It is typed and family tree layout. If I had a scanner I could show
you what you get. 5*.

Gayle Schlissel Riley

PS It does take time, months to get the infro

Elyauri@... wrote:

In response to an ad and a soliciting e-mail letter, I am planning to have the
Minsk Historical Genealogy Group research my KOOKIS family for a minimum fee
of $75 and up to $210 if they reconstruct my family tree. If any of you have
pursued this route please advise. I am concerned about their authenticity.The
memo I received was >from Oleg Perzashkevich, Director of Minsk Genealogy
Group.


Belarus SIG #Belarus Re: Belarus Research group:How reliable? #belarus

Gayle Schlissel Riley <key2pst@...>
 

Belarus Group, I have used them for years and I am 100% pleased with there work,
you will be pleased too. They foot note every piece of info with the fond, page
and group #. It is typed and family tree layout. If I had a scanner I could show
you what you get. 5*.

Gayle Schlissel Riley

PS It does take time, months to get the infro

Elyauri@... wrote:

In response to an ad and a soliciting e-mail letter, I am planning to have the
Minsk Historical Genealogy Group research my KOOKIS family for a minimum fee
of $75 and up to $210 if they reconstruct my family tree. If any of you have
pursued this route please advise. I am concerned about their authenticity.The
memo I received was >from Oleg Perzashkevich, Director of Minsk Genealogy
Group.