Date   

A: Cause of death - old style #general

Grslt@...
 

In a message dated 9/9/98 9:02:10 AM, perry2@wilmington.net wrote:
I remember once seeing a website that "translated" the name of an
illness or cause of death as used today to what it was called in the
earlier part of the century. Does anybody know the address of this web
site?
Thanks,
Alan Perry
Archaic medical terms for genealogists (Paul SMITH)
<http://www.gpiag-asthma.org/drpsmith/amt1.htm>
Regards,
Lisa THALER (Chicago) grslt@aol.com


JewishGen Discussion Group #JewishGen A: Cause of death - old style #general

Grslt@...
 

In a message dated 9/9/98 9:02:10 AM, perry2@wilmington.net wrote:
I remember once seeing a website that "translated" the name of an
illness or cause of death as used today to what it was called in the
earlier part of the century. Does anybody know the address of this web
site?
Thanks,
Alan Perry
Archaic medical terms for genealogists (Paul SMITH)
<http://www.gpiag-asthma.org/drpsmith/amt1.htm>
Regards,
Lisa THALER (Chicago) grslt@aol.com


Searching PFAU #general

rooker@...
 

Looking for any information for PFAU family. The patriarch Rachmiel (Sam)
emigrated >from Zlockow, Galicia (Autria / Poland) abourd SS Cassel to
Galveston, TX.

Many thanks for anything.
Susan S. Rooker

Seaching PFAU, BAKER, TENABAUM(sp)


JewishGen Discussion Group #JewishGen Searching PFAU #general

rooker@...
 

Looking for any information for PFAU family. The patriarch Rachmiel (Sam)
emigrated >from Zlockow, Galicia (Autria / Poland) abourd SS Cassel to
Galveston, TX.

Many thanks for anything.
Susan S. Rooker

Seaching PFAU, BAKER, TENABAUM(sp)


Re: Jewish Daily Forward #general

beth wellington <bjwellington@...>
 

Traci:

A search of YAHOO shows that the phone number is 1-800-849-1825.
The address is 45 E 33rd Street
New York, NY 10016

There are two web pages:

http://www.forward.com (for the paper itself)
http://www.wynn.com/jewish/forward.html (for a bulletin board which
lists contact address

The paper is now a weekly and published in English.

Hope this helps!

---"Traci S. K. Thysell-McPherson" <tracibear@juno.com> wrote:

I just found out the most incredible story about how my grandmother
reunited with her family. It had to do with the Jewish Daily
Forward.
My uncle tells me that the publication is still in existence in NYC.
I
tried for an hr today on the internet at work to find a listing,
internet
address, web page anything, but was unsucessful. Is there anyone in
NY
who would be willing to look up an address for the Jewish Daily
Forward
or a way of contacting them? Maybe they are owned by another
company.
Does anyone have any info. or suggestion?
Any help would be appreciated.

MODERATOR NOTE: Since the original question has been
answered satisfactorily, we can now close this thread.


JewishGen Discussion Group #JewishGen Re: Jewish Daily Forward #general

beth wellington <bjwellington@...>
 

Traci:

A search of YAHOO shows that the phone number is 1-800-849-1825.
The address is 45 E 33rd Street
New York, NY 10016

There are two web pages:

http://www.forward.com (for the paper itself)
http://www.wynn.com/jewish/forward.html (for a bulletin board which
lists contact address

The paper is now a weekly and published in English.

Hope this helps!

---"Traci S. K. Thysell-McPherson" <tracibear@juno.com> wrote:

I just found out the most incredible story about how my grandmother
reunited with her family. It had to do with the Jewish Daily
Forward.
My uncle tells me that the publication is still in existence in NYC.
I
tried for an hr today on the internet at work to find a listing,
internet
address, web page anything, but was unsucessful. Is there anyone in
NY
who would be willing to look up an address for the Jewish Daily
Forward
or a way of contacting them? Maybe they are owned by another
company.
Does anyone have any info. or suggestion?
Any help would be appreciated.

MODERATOR NOTE: Since the original question has been
answered satisfactorily, we can now close this thread.


Re: Jewish Daily Forward #general

warshall@...
 

The Forward's website is at (where else?):

www.forward.com

Stephen Warshall <warshall@post.harvard.edu>
Gloucester, MA


JewishGen Discussion Group #JewishGen Re: Jewish Daily Forward #general

warshall@...
 

The Forward's website is at (where else?):

www.forward.com

Stephen Warshall <warshall@post.harvard.edu>
Gloucester, MA


Jewish Daily Forward #general

JoyceField <jfield@...>
 

To answer the query about the FORWARD:
The weekly English language JEWISH DAILY FORWARD can be reached at
<newsdesk@forward.com >, <http://www.forward.com>. It is located at 45 E.
33rd St., NY 10016, and the phone # is 212-889-8200.

Joyce Field
W. Lafayette, IN

Joyce Field
jfield@nlci.com


JewishGen Discussion Group #JewishGen Jewish Daily Forward #general

JoyceField <jfield@...>
 

To answer the query about the FORWARD:
The weekly English language JEWISH DAILY FORWARD can be reached at
<newsdesk@forward.com >, <http://www.forward.com>. It is located at 45 E.
33rd St., NY 10016, and the phone # is 212-889-8200.

Joyce Field
W. Lafayette, IN

Joyce Field
jfield@nlci.com


Re: Oustra-Polia #general

A.Sharon <a.sharon@...>
 

FOODPHILE@aol.com wrote:

My grandfather, Morris KELLNER, listed his place of birth as Oustra-Polia. I
think this must be Austria-Poland. May I have opinions on this please?
I believe that Ostrow Wielkopolski (near Kalisz) appears as an
alternative guess.

Alexander Sharon


JewishGen Discussion Group #JewishGen Re: Oustra-Polia #general

A.Sharon <a.sharon@...>
 

FOODPHILE@aol.com wrote:

My grandfather, Morris KELLNER, listed his place of birth as Oustra-Polia. I
think this must be Austria-Poland. May I have opinions on this please?
I believe that Ostrow Wielkopolski (near Kalisz) appears as an
alternative guess.

Alexander Sharon


Re: Relationship Please? #general

Bernard Kouchel <koosh@...>
 

Len's mother is a 2nd cousin to his GGM's/sisters/dtrs/son.
Len is a 2nd cousin once removed to same.

For a chart explaining relationships, see the JewishGen InfoFile
"related" on the JewishGen web or via email to:
<related@mail.jewishgen.org>

No message in body required.

--
Bernard I. Kouchel
<bkouchel@jewishgen.org>

Len Pincus wrote:


Hate to post to the whole group but my mind just won't work this problem.

My GGM had a sister. The sister had a daughter. The daughter had a son.
What is my relationship to the son?

My GGM had a son. The son had a daughter. The daughter was my mother.

Len Pincus

lenny@inorbit.com
Murrieta , CA


JewishGen Discussion Group #JewishGen Re: Relationship Please? #general

Bernard Kouchel <koosh@...>
 

Len's mother is a 2nd cousin to his GGM's/sisters/dtrs/son.
Len is a 2nd cousin once removed to same.

For a chart explaining relationships, see the JewishGen InfoFile
"related" on the JewishGen web or via email to:
<related@mail.jewishgen.org>

No message in body required.

--
Bernard I. Kouchel
<bkouchel@jewishgen.org>

Len Pincus wrote:


Hate to post to the whole group but my mind just won't work this problem.

My GGM had a sister. The sister had a daughter. The daughter had a son.
What is my relationship to the son?

My GGM had a son. The son had a daughter. The daughter was my mother.

Len Pincus

lenny@inorbit.com
Murrieta , CA


Yiddish words, #general

Percy Mett <p.mett@...>
 

Carole Feinberg asks:

I, too, am translating part of a yiskor book and need help with a few
Yiddish words, abbreviations, titles.

1. alef, yud, nun, zayin, shin
=inzh ?

2. pey, alef, resh, yud, zayin
=pariz (Paris)

3. dalet, gimel, nun, yud
Do you have a context for this?


4. Is pey/fey, resh, vav, yud the abbreviation for Professor?
fey-reysh-vov-yud = froy = Mrs


JewishGen Discussion Group #JewishGen Yiddish words, #general

Percy Mett <p.mett@...>
 

Carole Feinberg asks:

I, too, am translating part of a yiskor book and need help with a few
Yiddish words, abbreviations, titles.

1. alef, yud, nun, zayin, shin
=inzh ?

2. pey, alef, resh, yud, zayin
=pariz (Paris)

3. dalet, gimel, nun, yud
Do you have a context for this?


4. Is pey/fey, resh, vav, yud the abbreviation for Professor?
fey-reysh-vov-yud = froy = Mrs


NJ Cemetery Photo Needed #general

RMiller871@...
 

I would be greatly appreciative if someone could take photos of 2 gravestones
(husband and wife) in Cedar Park Cemetery in Westwood, NJ. I would be happy
to return the favor on Long Island or pay appropriately.

It's not the distance...just the time and traffic!

Rhoda Miller
Babylon, NY


JewishGen Discussion Group #JewishGen NJ Cemetery Photo Needed #general

RMiller871@...
 

I would be greatly appreciative if someone could take photos of 2 gravestones
(husband and wife) in Cedar Park Cemetery in Westwood, NJ. I would be happy
to return the favor on Long Island or pay appropriately.

It's not the distance...just the time and traffic!

Rhoda Miller
Babylon, NY


Jewish Daily Forward #general

Traci S. K. Thysell-McPherson <tracibear@...>
 

I just found out the most incredible story about how my grandmother
reunited with her family. It had to do with the Jewish Daily Forward.
My uncle tells me that the publication is still in existence in NYC. I
tried for an hr today on the internet at work to find a listing, internet
address, web page anything, but was unsucessful. Is there anyone in NY
who would be willing to look up an address for the Jewish Daily Forward
or a way of contacting them? Maybe they are owned by another company.
Does anyone have any info. or suggestion?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Traci :-)
Traci S. K. Thysell-McPherson


JewishGen Discussion Group #JewishGen Jewish Daily Forward #general

Traci S. K. Thysell-McPherson <tracibear@...>
 

I just found out the most incredible story about how my grandmother
reunited with her family. It had to do with the Jewish Daily Forward.
My uncle tells me that the publication is still in existence in NYC. I
tried for an hr today on the internet at work to find a listing, internet
address, web page anything, but was unsucessful. Is there anyone in NY
who would be willing to look up an address for the Jewish Daily Forward
or a way of contacting them? Maybe they are owned by another company.
Does anyone have any info. or suggestion?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Traci :-)
Traci S. K. Thysell-McPherson