Call for Proposals - 2020 IAJGS Conference #IAJGS
The IAJGS 2020 San Diego Conference is delighted to announce that the Call for Proposals is now open! Deadline will be Wednesday, November 27, 2019!
If you wish to be considered as a speaker for this important conference on Jewish Genealogy, please go to our website at: www.iajgs2020.org and read our Call for Proposals to begin the submission process. While covering all the major Jewish Genealogy topics that you've come to rely on the IAJGS conferences for, we will also be looking for proposed presentations which focus on the following hot topics:
1) A “Beginners” track for those who have never attended an IAJGS conference before and who may or may not consider themselves new to Jewish genealogy.
2) A “DNA” track to help all of us become better acquainted with the immense insight that DNA is adding to the field of genealogy.
3) A “Heritage” track to help provide cultural context that both inspires and enhances our genealogical explorations.
4) A “Shoah” track specifically to honor the memory of those who were lost in the calamity of World War II.
5) A “Military” track - With the US Naval Base San Diego just a few blocks from our convention, we hope to offer sessions which will recognize military angles to Jewish genealogy, both from the USA and the rest of the world.
6) A “Latin America” track – Recognizing San Diego’s proximity to Central and South America and the need to find and understand our relatives who live or lived south of the border.
Any other topic on genealogy will, of course, be considered.
Go to our web site at www.iajgs2020.org and click on the Speaker tab for more information.
Write to speakerhelp@... or program@... for answers to questions about the submittal.
Communications Chair, IAJGS 40th Annual Conference on Jewish Genealogy