Topics

Dorosic Forced Laborers #general


paulnuss@...
 

My name is Paul Scott Nussbaum
My Jewish Gen ID# is 479670
My Father, Nuszbaum, Imre was a survivor of the massacre in the barn at
Dorosic. He had typhus and crawled out in delirium some time after the shooting
was over and woke up some time later

I have tried to see the list of the Dorosic Laborers and have not been
successful. I just want to see the list

Thank you so much!!!

With sincerity,
Paul Scott Nussbaum

MODERATOR NOTE: Information may be found at:
http://www.jewishgen.org/databases/Holocaust/0230_Dorosic_forced_laborers.html


tom
 

For what it's worth, my father was also a forced labourer at the same
time and place, and barely escaped being killed there. His unit was
there, and they were told that they were setting up a field hospital,
in a barn, for those who were too sick to continue marching. My father
was sick, but he said that there were others who were in worse condition,
and he could still go on. The massacre was carried out that night.

Do you know much about your father's experiences during the war?

tom klein, Toronto

paulnuss@aol.com wrote:
My name is Paul Scott Nussbaum
My Jewish Gen ID# is 479670
My Father, Nuszbaum, Imre was a survivor of the massacre in the barn at
Dorosic. He had typhus and crawled out in delirium some time after
the shooting was over and woke up some time later

I have tried to see the list of the Dorosic Laborers and have not been
successful. I just want to see the list


tom
 

As an aside, having read the moderator's note at the end of Paul Nussbaum's
posting, I followed the link to the description of the Dorosic massacre, and
read the description of the data set. But I haven't been able to figure out
how to look at a list of the victims' names. Using the All Hungary Database,
a search for "Dorosic" either in any field, or in town, returns zero records.
How can I browse the records, without having to know their names in advance?

tom klein, Toronto

paulnuss@aol.com wrote:

[snip!]

I have tried to see the list of the Dorosic Laborers and have not been
successful. I just want to see the list

[snip!]

MODERATOR NOTE: Information may be found at:
http://www.jewishgen.org/databases/Holocaust/0230_Dorosic_forced_laborers.html


Alexander Sharon
 

Thomas Klein wrote:

As an aside, having read the moderator's note at the end of Paul Nussbaum's
posting, I followed the link to the description of the Dorosic massacre, and
read the description of the data set. But I haven't been able to figure out
how to look at a list of the victims' names. Using the All Hungary Database,
a search for "Dorosic" either in any field, or in town, returns zero records.
How can I browse the records, without having to know their names in advance?
Tom,

This is how all Jewishgen databases work.
One have to know person's surname to allow the search.

Alexander Sharon
Calgary, AB


tom
 

"Work" is a relative term. And what you say is incorrect, you don't
have to specify a surname.

When I search the All-Hungary database, with no names, for either the
town of Tiszafured, or just Tiszafured in any field, I get hundreds
of hits, including 3 >from the "Hungarian Jewish kmsz" database. But
searching for "Dorosic" returns nothing.

tom klein, Toronto

Alexander Sharon <a.sharon@shaw.ca> wrote:
This is how all Jewishgen databases work.
One have to know person's surname to allow the search.
MODERATOR NOTE: Many JewishGen database searches will not allow for broadly-based
results. Some do allow more flexibility in search terms and results. And, of
course, one may acquire "enhanced" searching capabilities for some databases with
an annual $100 contribution to JewishGen.