JewishGen Discussion Group #JewishGen Re: How can I prove I'm me? #general

Nick <tulse04-news@...>

"Stephen Esrati" <> wrote in message

Ohio, concerned about terrorist attacks, now requires positive ID for a
driver's license. In most cases, a birth certificate is adequate, but I
was born Stefan Hermann Hirsch in Germany and was naturalized as a
Palestinian citizen and British subject in a court in Jaffa in 1935. My
name was changed to Gidon Stefan Esrati.
Is there any way I can find a record of the name change to prove that my
birth certificate is really mine?
See . If you are not a
US citizen it tells you what to do - you would need to prove that you are in
the US legally - which presumably you are as otherwise you wouldn't have

Nick Landau
London, UK

COHNREICH (Anklam, Germany Krajenka, Poland) ATLAS (Wielkie Oczy (near
Lvov/Lemberg), Poland) WEITZMAN (Cracow), WECHSLER(Schwabach, Germany),
THALHEIMER (Mainbernheim, Germany), KOHN/WEISSKOPF (Wallerstein and
Kleinerdlingen,Germany), LANDAU (only adopted
on leaving Russia/Belarus or later)/FREDKIN (?)
(Gomel, Mogilev, Chernigov, Russia/Belarus)