Unidentified Ashkenazi Jewish Man #usa
For those interested in the Unidentified Ashkenazi Man, it may be worthwhile to know of the information found
on discussion groups that have been dealing with the case over the years:
1. Websleuths: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/me-jonesport-wht-othermale-60-65-up15307-in-ocean-clothes-watch-jul00.31410/page-2
2. CrimeWatchers: https://www.crimewatchers.net/threads/jonesport-john-doe-wm-60-65-found-in-atlantic-ocean-off-jonesport-me-24-july-2000.1145/
3. Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/gratefuldoe/comments/r0ji9b/washington_countyjonesport_john_doe_2000/
In addition, further details apparently provided by state officials about the man can be found on entries for him on these sites:
1. The DoeNetwork https://www.doenetwork.org/cases/704umme.html
2. The DNADoe Project: https://dnadoeproject.org/case/jonesport-john-doe-2000/
All the best and with hopes someone can connect the dots to identify him.
Maybe tell us his GEDmatch number?
My genealogy research is electric.
It follows the path of least resistance.
The Maine Office of Chief Medical Examiner, in the U.S., has an unidentified male found in the Atlantic Ocean in 2000. We attempted forensic genealogy and found he was Ashkenazi Jewish. The trail has gone cold and we have no leads. Does anyone recognize the man in the attached photo? Does anyone know of any resources we might use to identify this gentleman? We will explore all leads in an attempt to bring this man home to his family.
Lindsey Chasteen, MBA
Office of Chief Medical Examiner
Augusta, Maine 04333
Phone (207) 624-7180
Fax (207) 624-7178
MODERATOR NOTE: Please respond privately. .If you do not know how to reply directly to an individual, please see:
This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.