Annie WALDHORN/KENIG What was her name? #general
Question: What is Annie’s maiden name, approximately how old was she,
and how was she related to Aaron?
1. Certified Copy of Entry of Marriage, from London in 1898:
Annie WALDERIN age 23 father Louis WALDERIN married Solomon Nadler
2. Ship record 1899 Annie is the mother of Mallie, age 9.
3. Ship manifest: Annie was going to her brother Aaron KENIG
4. Only available birth certificate for any of Annie’s children,
from Connecticut in 1902: Jacob Nadler, mother Annie WALDHORN age 30
5. 1910 census: Annie age 40 1930 census Annie age 60
6. Death record Connecticut 1945: Anna KENIG Nadler born 1869
father Julius KENIG, mother Pauline
7. Tombstone: Chana bat Yehuda
8. Letters from two of Annie’s elderly children listing their
mother’s name as Anna WALDHORN KENIG one said born in 1869 and one
said born in 1874
9. Letter from one child lists Annie’s mother as Pauline WALDHORN KENIG.
10. A newspaper article, from Poland lists Jacob WALDHORN as Annie and
Annie is not in the 1900 or 1920 censuses. There are no other records
with any information about her.
1. Son named Julius whose grave lists his name as Yehuda ben Aaron
2. Application for social security lists his father as Abram KENIG
3. Death certificate Connecticut: Father Julius KENIG, mother Molly
JRI Poland and Gesher Galicia do not have records relevant to these
questions. A brief conversation 10 years ago with Aaron’s
granddaughter included the information that Annie was her aunt.
Is a likely explanation that Annie and Aaron's parents were not legally married?
Ellen Gottfried, Plainview, New York
This record connects the WALDHORN and KONIG surnames through Chany's parents Juda and Malke. Zipra was Chany's sister. My take from this record is that Malke's maiden name was KONIG.
I think you now have more to search for.
JRI-Poland Stanislawow Area Research Coordinator
On 2021-05-25 2:37 pm, Ellen Gottfried wrote: