Belarus SIG #Belarus Meetings related to Belarus at the 2019 IAJGS conference #belarus
If you are attending the 2019 IAJGS conference in Cleveland there will be
several meetings related to Belarus:
1. Monday, July 29th, 10:45-12:00 in Center Street C: Internationally
acclaimed genealogist Miriam Weiner will speak about her 20+ years of doing
research in Belarus and the Miriam Weiner Archive for Belarus - a unique collection
of records >from Belarus - that are now searchable on the JewishGen Belarus SIG
website. Miriam will also discuss and show the group various resources in her
website (www.rtrfoundation.org) of specific interest to those with Belarus roots.
The JewishGen Belarus SIG luncheon will immediately follow Miriam's talk.
The luncheon is currently sold out. If you don't already have a ticket you
can check the notice board at the conference for anyone selling a luncheon ticket.
2. Monday, July 29th, 1:45 - 3:00 in Center Street C:
The annual JewishGen Belarus SIG meeting.
In addition, there are several meetings for people researching specific Belarus
towns and travel in Belarus:
3. Creating a Shtetl Community: The Friends of Jewish Dokshitsy,
Monday, July 29th, 4:45-6:00 in Hope C
4. Friends of Dokshitsy BOF, Tuesday, July 30th, 10:45-12:00 in Center Street B
5. Journey to Your Past Visiting Your Family's Home Shtetl in Belarus:
Strategies, Tips and Planning: Wednesday, July 31st, 4:45-6:00 in Veterans A
6. Lida/Oshmiany District BOF: Thursday, August 1st, 4:45-6:00 in Superior B
7. Kobryn Uyezd RG: Friday, August 2nd, 10:45-12 in Center Street B
Many other meetings will cover topics relevant to research in Belarus.
Check the conference program for a complete listing:
Hope to see you in Cleveland.
JewishGen Belarus SIG Database Coordinator