Topics

Florence MARMOR burial records of the New York Mokkom Sholom, Bayside and Acacia cemeteries #usa


David Lewin
 

I have uploaded the 31,900 records of Florence MARMOR's burial
records of the New York Mokkom Sholom, Bayside and Acacia cemeteries
to
https://archive.org/details/mokom-sholom-bayside-acacia-burials-florence-marmor-records

David Lewin
London


David Lewin
 

Is there someone at Jewishgen willing to create a web site to act as a memorial to Florence Marmor?

I would my assembled burials list as well as some poof her writings to go there

I have no idea how tha is done

Thanks

David Lewin
London


paulmoverman@...
 

Please see your website email for a private message.


David Lewin
 

Several people have reported that they had failed to reach the
file. I have therefore again uploaded the 31,891 records of Florence
MARMOR's burial records of the New York Mokkom Sholom, Bayside and
Acacia cemeteries to

https://archive.org/details/mokom-sholom-bayside-acacia-burials-florence-marmor-records_202007

I hope it works this time

David Lewin
London


Barbara Mannlein <bsmannlein@...>
 

David, 

I am not tech savvy…. and now that I am alone there is no one to help me.  


This is the message I get when I tried to download the info via    torrent:

    "  Safari can’t open the file “mokom-sholom-bayside-acacia-burials-florence-marmor-records_202007_archive.torrent” because no available application can open it.   "

Barbara





On Jul 1, 2020, at 10:20 AM, David Lewin <david@...> wrote:

Several people have reported that they had failed to reach the
file. I have therefore again uploaded the 31,891 records of Florence
MARMOR's burial records of the New York Mokkom Sholom, Bayside and
Acacia cemeteries to

https://archive.org/details/mokom-sholom-bayside-acacia-burials-florence-marmor-records_202007

I hope it works this time

David Lewin
London


Risa Heywood
 

Thank you for posting this! It seems to be a combination of cemetery info and death certificate info. A record for my 3x great-grandfather, Pesach Novinsky, is in the file with information from his death cert. but there is no burial information such as plot or association. My copy of his death certificate says that he was buried in Bayside. It would be helpful to understand how the file was created and what the sources were? Were the death certificates part of the cemetery records? Do you know what the red text in the file signifies? I understand that you may not have any additional information.
--
Risa Daitzman Heywood
Arizona


David Lewin
 

I commiserate and attach the file

David


At 18:54 01/07/2020, Barbara Mannlein wrote:
David,

I am not tech savvy…. and nnow that I am alone there is no one to help me. 


This is the message I get when I tried to download the info via    torrent:

    "  Safari can’t open the file “mokom-sholom-bayside-acacia-burials-florence-marmor-records_202007_archive.torrentâ€� because no available application can open it.   "

Barbara





On Jul 1, 2020, at 10:20 AM, David Lewin < david@...> wrote:

Several people have reported that they had failed to reach the
file. I have therefore again uploaded the 31,891 records of Florence
MARMOR's burial records of the New York Mokkom Sholom, Bayside and
Acacia cemeteries to

https://archive.org/details/mokom-sholom-bayside-acacia-burials-florence-marmor-records_202007

I hope it works this time

David Lewin
London


David Oseas
 

The error means that you do not have a default program set up for torrent files.  However, it is a small file (only about 4MB), so you should have no problem downloading it by clicking on the direct download ("Excel file") link.
 
-David Oseas, Thousand Oaks, CA

--
Regards,
David Oseas

Researching:
HYMAN/HEYMAN/HEIMOWITS/CHAJMOVITS: Zemplen-Dobra, Hungary > New York
KLEIN: Satoraljaujhely (Ujhely), Hungary > New York > Los Angeles
KRONOWITH:
Hungary > New York
OSEAS/OSIAS/OSIASI/OZIAS: Iasi, Romania > Chicago > Milwaukee > Los Angeles
SCHECHTER/SHEKTER: Kishinev, Bessarabia > New York  
SHERMAN: Iasi, Romania > New York > Los Angeles
STRUL:  Iasi, Romania > Haifa, Israel
WICHMAN: Syczkowo (Bobruisk), Belarus > Milwaukee > Los Angeles


David Lewin
 

I commiserate - mainly for being alone, but also on the tech-savvy part!   Thankfully I still have a wife. we married 56 years ago.  As for the "Tech Savvy" - that is subject to the other part of my commiseration.

I attach the file

David


At 19:28 01/07/2020, Barbara Mannlein wrote:
David,

I am not tech savvy…¦. and now that I am alone there is no one to help me. 


This is the message I get when I tried to download the info via    torrent:

    "Safari can’t open the file “mokom-sholom-bayside-acacia-burials-florence-marmor-records_202007_archive.torrentâ€� because no available application can open it. "

Barbara

On Jul 1, 2020, at 10:20 AM, David Lewin < david@...> wrote:

Several people have reported that they had failed to reach the
file. I have therefore again uploaded the 31,891 records of Florence
MARMOR's burial records of the New York Mokkom Sholom, Bayside and
Acacia cemeteries to

https://archive.org/details/mokom-sholom-bayside-acacia-burials-florence-marmor-records_202007

I hope it works this time

David Lewin
London

_


David Lewin
 

Over the years there have been very many emails between Florence and myself.  I was the backup for records she wanted to know to exist on a computer other than her own, ailing on. That is the source of the spreadsheet which I have now assembled and made public as she had wanted. I know that Florence collected the death certificates which she ordered from the Department of Health.

Why there is sometimes a report of death and at others a report of burial,I do not know.   Florence was not alone in this,  She was merely the custodian. The Data was collected by Florence Marmor, David Gevertzman, David Priever and   Maurice Kessler plus other volunteers from gravestones, death certificates, information from family members, etc.   Copyright 1995 by Florence Marmor, David Gevertzman, David Priever, Maurice Kessler plus other volunteers,  from gravestones, death certificates, information from family members, etc.

I do not have any of the actual certificates.

The RED text should not be red any longer.  As I added data to the growing file, I coloured new material red so that it stood out and I could then eliminate any duplicated records.  Once duplicates had been deleted, all should have been turned black - and clearly I failed to do so on the version you have seen

Incidentally, I see that in addition to Pesach there is also a record for
NOVINSKY Fanny       67y    buried 07 August 1900

David


At 19:23 01/07/2020, Risa Heywood wrote:
Thank you for posting this! It seems to be a combination of cemetery info and death certificate info. A record for my 3x great-grandfather, Pesach Novinsky, is in the file with information from his death cert. but there is no burial information such as plot or association. My copy of his death certificate says that he was buried in Bayside. It would be helpful to understand how the file was created and what the sources were? Were the death certificates part of the cemetery records? Do you know what the red text in the file signifies? I understand that you may not have any additional information.
--
Risa Daitzman Heywood
Arizona


Peter Cohen
 

Thank you for posting this. It is a valuable resource.  I recall seeing a much earlier version of this and noticing my all-time favorite Jewish name: Pesach Manneschewitz (see line 19800).  Researchers should be aware that this is not a comprehensive list, at least as far as Acacia is concerned. (I cannot speak to Mokom Sholom or Bayside in that regard, but I am aware of Acacia burials that are not included.) Nevertheless, a great help to many researchers. thanks again.


David Lewin
 

At 19:52 02/07/2020, peter.cohen@... wrote:
Thank you for posting this. It is a valuable resource.  I recall seeing a much earlier version of this and noticing my all-time favorite Jewish name: Pesach Manneschewitz (see line 19800).  Researchers should be aware that this is not a comprehensive list, at least as far as Acacia is concerned. (I cannot speak to Mokom Sholom or Bayside in that regard, but I am aware of Acacia burials that are not included.) Nevertheless, a great help to many researchers. thanks again.
_._,_._,_


I totally accept Peter Cohen's comment that the 31892 listed burials are not a comprehensive listing of all burials in these New York three cemeteries.  If you care to send me any addendum you may know of, I will gladly add them to this tabulation
Currently I believe it is the best there is, and should serve as a memorial to the group of volunteers who assembled the data and, as far as I know, are all no longer with us

David Lewin
London


Amybeth
 

Yes thank you! I was in contact with Florence many years ago when Bayside was being “cleaned up” by a Mormon group during the litigation. My great-Uncle was buried there & is on the list (Isak Blumenthal age 1yr 10m. As far as I know they never found his grave or bones (I was in touch w/the man working on the area he was buried in). But he was a baby so...On the spreadsheet there are some ?? under cause of death as they listed several. He died of TB. The rest were just a result of the TB. His mother -listed on the spreadsheet as Emilie/Mollie Gryngras died 6 yrs later as she also had TB. She died soon after giving birth to another child who miraculously survived until her late 90’s. And she also had TB. I would not be here if that had not happened as my great grandmother Rebecca Schoenberg was sent for from Kuz’myn Ukraine to marry David Blumenthal & take care of his children & she would have 4 more girls including my grandmother Mollie (named after his 1st wife). Strange world. So thank you & thank you Florence (I know she is gone) for your amazing work. I’m glad that things are a bit better at Bayside. 


paulmoverman@...
 

I was able to successfully locate, retrieve and extract Florence's original research report from October 1995.  I have posted it on the Internet Archive at:

https://archive.org/details/mokomcem-florence-marmor-10111995

It contains a in depth details on most records and hope that this will be helpful for all.


rich.meyersburg@...
 

Thank you very much.  I had no problem loading it with Numbers.  I had to set the Headers, but otherwise it works fine.  

I think I found the missing last child of my great grandparents.  Many thanks

Rich Meyersburg
Laurel, MD


Paul Silverstone
 

I had no trouble with the database, but my relatives buried in Acacia
are missing.
--
Paul Silverstone
West Vancouver, BC


David Lewin
 

Please send me the details so that I can update the existing file

David Lewin


At 07:16 05/07/2020, Paul Silverstone wrote:
I had no trouble with the database, but my relatives buried in Acacia
are missing.
--
Paul Silverstone
West Vancouver, BC


Steve Pickoltz
 

I too have a relative buried at Bayside, but he is not listed in your list.  His death cert number is #20801 with a death date of June 4, 1893. The name is Israel Pikholz, and he was 14 days old. 

 

Any additional info on him or his family would be greatly appreciated.  His death cert is very hard to read.

 

Steve Pickholtz

nj55turtle@...

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


David Lewin
 

At 20:08 05/07/2020, Steve Pickoltz wrote:

I too have a relative buried at Bayside, but he
is not listed in your list. His death cert
number is #20801 with a death date of June 4,
1893. The name is Israel Pikholz, and he was 14 days old.Â

Â

Any additional info on him or his family would
be greatly appreciated. His death cert is very hard to read.

Â

Steve Pickholtz

nj55turtle@...
From Florence MARMOR cemetery records:

Mokkom Sholom
Pikholz Israel buried 4 Jun
1893 death cert #20801, died 06/03/1893
at residence Hebrew Shielding Arms (?), 210
Madison St., New York, N.Y. of entero colitis,
age 14 days, born New York City, father Johiel
(?) Pikholz, mother Maria Pikholz, both parents
born Austria Poland, buried 06/04/1893,
undertaker Jacob Finkelstone, 328 E. 52nd St., New York, N.Y.

David Lewin

Search & Unite attempt to help locate people who,
despite the passage of so many years since World
War II, may still exist "out there".
We also assist in the process of re-possession of
property in the Czech Republic and Israel.
See our Web pages at https://remember.org/unite/


s_wiener@...
 

I, too, have at least 6 members of my husband's family who are not listed in Florence's data for Acacia. I will gladly send the information to you, David, but I think it best for you to contact me off-line and provide your contact info as your email address is not shown in the string of messages.

FWIW, I had contact with Florence around 2002-2005. She was a genuinely lovely person.

Shellie Wiener
San Francisco, CA
please use this alternate email address for contacting me:
suratzeryl@...