JGASGP Meeting announcements: Sunday June 13th 1:30 EST "How to Utilize the JewishGen Discussion Group Effectively" #jgs-iajgs #announcements #education
The next meeting of the Jewish Genealogical and Archival Society of Greater Philadelphia:
Date: Sunday, June 13, 2021
Time: 1:00 check in, chat, and schmooze.
Official program starts promptly at 1:30
Guest Speaker: Phil Goldfarb, Founder and President, Jewish Genealogical Society of Tulsa
Researching genealogy for 35 years, Phil is the founding and current President of the JGS of Tulsa which started in 2005. He has lectured extensively on various topics in genealogy, published articles on genealogy in numerous periodicals, and authors a monthly column in the Tulsa Jewish Review. He has written two books titled A Page of History: Passport Applications 1851-1914 and A Page of History: Passport Applications Volume II 1915-1925. Phil is a member of the Leadership Team for JewishGen as well as being the Lead Moderator for the JewishGen Discussion Group.
Topic: How to Utilize The JewishGen Discussion Group Effectively
• What the JGDG is all about.
• Ways the JGDG can help you.
• Advantages of the new JGDG platform.
• Discussion Group Rules and Guidelines.
• How to join the JGDG.
• Group settings.
• Options for Group Message delivery.
• How to change an e-mail address or message delivery.
• Two ways to post a message.
• How to find archival messages (back to 1998!)
• Hashtags: how/why important to use them.
• How to "mute" hashtags to only get certain messages.
• How to create an automatic signature.
• How to reply to a message individually or to the group.
• Why messages are rejected or deleted.
• Success stories from the JGDG.
• Need help or are confused? Who to contact?
Our meetings are for active members of our society. If interested In joining, please go to our website. Meetings are recorded for members only.
Please contact me for more Information:
Marilyn Golden, VP Membership