October 2022 Summary of IAJGS Records Access Alert #general #jgs-iajgs #records
As mentioned previously, every month I post a listing of the IAJGS Records Access Alert topics from the previous month for you to see the variety of issues…some were posted on this discussion group but most were not—all postings are included below.
The following are the summaries for the month of October, 2022. In order not to miss out on important information it is worthwhile for you to be subscribed to the Records Access Alert.
Without records, genealogists cannot do genealogy –making certain that we retain access and gain access where it is impaired is every genealogists' responsibility.
- How Police Can Use Your DNA to Solve Crimes Without Consent
- Transgenders Gender on Birth Certificates
- (European Union) EU Commission's Q&A: EU-US Data Privacy Framework
- (Germany-Poland) Poland demands $1.3 trillion in War Damages from Germany
- (Ukraine) Vera Miller Posts About More Ukrainian Records Online
- (United Kingdom) UK Border Data Transfer Mechanisms Now In Effect
- (US-Canada) Who Do You Think You Are to Return to NBC But in Limbo
- (US) Census Bureau Being Sued Over 2020 Census
- (US) Census Bureau Proposed Rule
- (US) Census Bureau StatVentures Gives Public Opportunity to Submit Concept in Ways to Improve Census Bureau Data
- (US) National Archives Still Missing Some Presidential Papers from Trump Administration
- (US) New Beta.USA Website
- (US) Supreme Court to Hear Challenge to Big Tech's Section 230 Liability Protections
- (US) USCIS Proposed Regulation Deadline for Comments on November 7, 2022
- (US) White House Signs Executive Order on How US Intelligence Community Handles EU Residents Personal Data
- (US-CA) California Gives Counties Option to Issue Digital Vital Record Certificates
- (US-MT) Montana Department of Health Requests State Supreme Court to Suspend County Court Requiring Department to Change
The IAJGS Board of Directors approved opening the Records Access Alert to anyone who is interested in records access. This was announced previously. We now have subscribers from many genealogical organizations not previously able to subscribe.
To be on top of what is happening you are encouraged to register for the Records Access Alerts to receive the information in a timely manner. If you are interested in any of the above items, please register for the IAJGS Records Access Alert and look at them in the archives. To register for the IAJGS Records Access Alert go to: http://lists.iajgs.org/mailman/listinfo/records-access-alerts and follow the instructions to enter your email address, full name and which genealogical organization you belong to a society, SIG or a subscriber of JewishGen, Legal Genealogist etc. You will receive an email response that you have to reply to, or the subscription will not be finalized.
The alerts are archived and once you register you may access the archives at: http://lists.iajgs.org/mailman/private/records-access-alerts/
The IAJGS Records Access Alert is not a daily announcement list. Depending on what happens worldwide, there may be no postings for several days and other times there may be several in one day.
These are listed alphabetically not chronologically. Each month the locales covered differ.
Jan Meisels Allen
Chairperson, IAJGS Public Records Access Monitoring Committee
|1 - 1 of 1|